Click schedule below for
REAL TIME UPDATED SCHEDULE
At Akasha Studio, we welcome everyone to share in our sacred space, with a range of classes to help you tap into your true potential both on and off the mat.
If you’ve never stepped onto a yoga mat or if you’re a seasoned yogi, there’s a class to suit every skill level. Have a look at our class descriptions below and check out our class schedule to book your space today.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT LEVEL FOR YOU
BEGINNER (LEVEL 1):
Level 1 classes are for those with little or no previous exposure to yoga or bowspring. With slow-paced direction and close attention to detail, we provide the foundation for a safe, healthy practice.
Classes for all levels are suitable for beginners, advanced yogis, and everyone in between. Sequences and poses can be modified to fit your specific needs and level of expertise.
Intermediate (Level 3):
Level 3 classes are suited to more experienced students with a solid understanding of alignment and a consistent practice. Classes are structured to help you explore challenging poses and deepen your practice.
Proper alignment improves circulation, creates inner space in the joints,
and brings balanced flow of energy through the whole body which leads to better health and well being.
• Relax, Restore, Renew (Beginner): This class is all about nourishing the soul and easing the body and mind. Classes begin with a gentle flow practice or gentle stretching, and end with a restorative practice supported by bolsters and props for deep relaxation.
• Yoga Gentle Flow (Beginner): This is the perfect class if you’re new to yoga, trying out the flow style for the first time, or coming back from a hiatus or injury. Sequences are structured around basic sun salutations and static postures.
• Yoga Flow (All levels): Building on the foundation of the Basic Yoga Flow, this class introduces inventive yet safe sequences guided by a steady breath to heat the body and cool the mind. Basic principles of more advanced poses are introduced as your practice becomes stronger. The practice is playful and builds towards peak poses.
Yoga Power Flow (All levels): A demanding vinyasa flow for students wanting to build strength, flexibility and cardiovascular health. Be prepared to sweat as you flow through this power sequence synced with the breath leaving you feeling physically strong and mentally calm.
Yoga Vinyasa Flow ( All levels): All sequences are strung together by breath to create a seamless meditative flow that ebbs and flows with challenging our ability to step in to strength and balance in to ease and softness.
Bowspring Gentle Flow (Beginner) : The Bowspring healthy posture template is learnt through 10 Key Areas of the body in a systematic and thoughtful way. This practice ranges from restorative breath work to gentle flowing sequences.
Bowspring Flow (All levels) : A one hour vitalizing practice of katas (flowing poses) holding the natural and healthy curves in our bodies. This is an all level sharing of a new movement discipline that is growing in popularity globally. The Bowspring posture template is dynamic, strengthening and mindful. This energizing practice is perfectly suited for fitness, weight loss and overall wellbeing.
Bowspring Seed Kata (All levels) : The Seed Kata is a fundamental Bowspring Kata designed to strengthen your Bowspring practice. It is a gateway to all Bowspring poses, the more fluent you become with this Kata the stronger your practice becomes as a whole.
Bowspring Sculpt (All levels): Bring your Bowspring into a fun and dynamic fitness practice that uses resistance bands to add toning and sculpting. Learn how to access lightness and agility as you build you resiliency.
NEW STUDENT GUIDELINES
Trying new things can be intimidating, but at Akasha Studio, we provide a supportive, friendly environment where you will feel completely comfortable trying yoga or bowspring for the first time. Our approach is all about safe, expert instruction and continuous encouragement, giving you the guidance and support you need to build your practice, discover your inner grace, and explore your full potential.
To prepare you for your first class with us, have a look at the new student guidelines and tips below.
Preparing for class
· Have a look at our class descriptions and schedule (above) to choose your preferred class.
· Arrive at least 15 minutes before class to allow enough time for registration.
· Wear comfortable, breathable clothing that allows for easy movement. Loose-fitting t-shirts aren’t recommended.
· Bring a bottle of water and a towel.
· Yoga mats are available for rent at TT$5.00 per session if needed.
· Cell phones and mobile devices must be placed on silent and preferably left outside of the studio in the storage cubbies.
· Hydrate throughout the day and try not to eat a large meal up to two hours before class.
Inside your first yoga or bowspring class
· If you have a question, or need help getting into a pose, never be afraid to ask. Always let your teacher know if you need support, or if you are experiencing any discomfort.
· When you’re feeling drained or like you just need a minute, feel free to rest for as long as you need to. Studentship is about listening to your body, not pushing yourself to your breaking point.
· Be positive and patient. Your first class is an exciting new step and we’re here to give all the help and guidance you need. Don’t worry about where other students are at in their practice—you’ll get there, too! Stepping onto your mat each day will bring clarity, peace and self-awareness, no matter where you’re at with your poses.
For more information, please contact us or pop in to see us any time from Monday to Saturday 7:30 am – 12 noon and Monday to Thursday 4:00 - 8:00 pm. We look forward to welcoming you to the Akasha community!